Acronis True image 7 pc wont reboot

freefx 00:16 16 Jun 05

I image a 80gb drive(contain only 12/13gb of data) to a network drive. Verify the image file successfully. Then i restored the image to a 40gb drive. Restore successful so it says. but when i try to reboot the(40GB) restored drive, windows xp seemed to load ok but i coudnt get the logon screen with all the usernames. Normally when cp is loading, at one point it goes blank for a few seconds before the logon screen comes on. i got as fat as the sreen went blank and then the windows xp logo come on and hang there.
Source drive has only 1 partition. I run the Acronis from cd both to create and restore images.

Any help please

DieSse 00:45 16 Jun 05

Is the 40Gb drive on the same system - if not then the system hardware may be different, and may be causing the failure to boot.

I suggested that, as you are talking networks - and it made me wonder exactly where you were diong what to and from.

freefx 01:58 16 Jun 05

yes the 80 and 40GB are from same system, so hardwares are the same.. i just save the drive image onto another PC HDD.

rawprawn 10:15 16 Jun 05

Was the 80gb disc an old disc or is it new? If it is a disc that has previously been loaded with an OEM such as a preloaded Dell, it may have a hidden partition which Acronis cannot copy correctly.

freefx 10:44 16 Jun 05

Actually i have cloned the 20GB onto the 80GB, which works perfect.
I just want to erperiment with the copy drive image feature. So i image the 80GB drive to a network drive and then try to restore it back to the 20GB(which has been reformated). And i count get the 20GB to work

gudgulf 11:42 16 Jun 05

Maybe the image did not transfer back correctly .....so try the process again.Let the Acronis boot disc deal with clearing and formatting the smaller drive though as part of the restore process.

You could try recloning back to the smaller disc from the 80gig drive...if that works it suggests a problem with either the image on the network drive or a problem with transfering the image over the network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…