Acronis True Image 7

anchor 17:16 31 Jul 04

I seem to recall reading that this programme, (unlike Norton Ghost and Drive Image), runs completely from Windows. There is no need for the PC to boot to DOS to perform the imaging.

Have I remembered correctly, and is this the case?.

What about doing a restore; DOS or Windows for this?.

christmascracker 17:20 31 Jul 04

Yes, your right. Taking an image is done from within Windows.

My images are kept on a second HDD, if I want to do a restore I put the boot disc in and it loads from there. I point it to which restore I want to use and away it goes. 12 or 13 minutes later all is back to the desktop. Takes longer from CD/DVD but works the same.

The screen is very "windows" like just the writing is bigger as the graphics drivers havn't loaded.

anchor 17:27 31 Jul 04

Many thanks for your very quick reply. Exactly what I wanted to know.

christmascracker 17:35 31 Jul 04

Your welcome. It's a brilliant programme and I dont know what I would do without it.

powerless 17:38 31 Jul 04

DI can be run from windows, to create and restore images.

However it cannot restore an image of the boot partition whilst in Windows. You don't use DOS, you still have a GUI whilst it lacks on quality of image reproduction it's childs play to use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…