Acronis True Image

amyjen7 10:07 19 Jul 09

Hi I run Vista Home Premium & planned to purchase the above but having read numerous complaints, about the registration process, I am very worried. The product feed back is good, when eventually installed, but its a long & what to me seems a complicated procedure which is all down to the long serial/reg number being rejected. As any one any comments & knows whether Acronis are addressing this problem which apparently only affects UK versions.

Kind regards

johndrew 10:34 19 Jul 09

By `registration process` I presume you mean the input of the activation key. I agree the key is complex (to minimise piracy) but it is far from hard or a long function to input the code. The main thing to remember is to put it in exactly as it is shown and (if I remember correctly) to use the <Shift> key for upper case rather than the <Caps Lock>.

Online registration of the product is equally simple and the support (generally) is very good.

You should also remember to make a recovery disk, especially if you download rather than buying the CD, as it is essential in the event of a failure. In fact a recovery disk is always valuable as it allows the original (if you have it) to be kept safe from damage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos