Acronis true image

hiwatt 12:09 22 May 08

Hi folks,a friend of mine has made me a copy of his acronis true image program so I can make a back up of my OS.When I click on the .exe file to run the program it's saying it can't cant start because it cant find the snapapi.dll file.Any ideas what this is?Thanks folks.

anskyber 12:33 22 May 08

It's part of the Acronis program. The usual answer is to uninstall and reinstall from the original disc.

I assume this is a free copy of Acronis rather than a pirare copy of the paid for version?

anskyber 12:35 22 May 08

PS, bear in mind that earlier versions are not Vista compliant if you are running Vista.

cocteau48 12:41 22 May 08

If it is a genuine paid for version it should have asked for the insertion of a key number during the installation process.

hiwatt 12:48 22 May 08

Hi anskyber,I't's an xp computer I'm trying to use it on.I'm not actually sure if it's a free copy or not.He does a lot of computer work for companies etc and gave me a dvd with a copy of acronis and a few other programs on it.Thanks.

hiwatt 12:50 22 May 08

cocteau48 I don't get that far.As soon as I click on the true image icon it says it can't find the said file.I'm probably better just buying a copy for myself anyway.

crosstrainer 14:26 22 May 08

I think you just answered your own question! Sounds like a pirate copy to me....Worth every penny of the purchase price.

woodchip 14:56 22 May 08

Its a copy of the original CD, it will not work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…