Acronis True image

Hetti 17:51 19 Jan 08

Just downloaded a 15 tril of Acronis , it is at this moment copying hard drive, 13% complete and says 8 hours to go, is this the norm? seems a long time

DieSse 18:18 19 Jan 08

Are you cloning or imagimg?

Is it to an external or internal drive?

If an external drive, is it USB1 or USB2?

How large is the drive it's copying from?

It does sound like too long - unless you're using an external drive running at USB1 speed.

Hetti 18:28 19 Jan 08

DieSse
I was taking an exact copy of hardrive,
It is an internal drive
USB1
It is 259gb hard drive
I have stopped the process now just incase I was doing something wrong, as Im not that clever with all this technical stuff.
And I have never had anything to do with this before now.

100andthirty 15:38 20 Jan 08

You will find it VERY slow if using USB1. no way round this except by investing in USB2. if a desktop you can get PCI cards, and for laptops a usb2 card that fits in the PCMCIA slot

Hetti 15:54 20 Jan 08

Thanks all
I tried again and it completed in abt 10 min, so maybe someting was no right first time.

DieSse 17:27 20 Jan 08

"I tried again"

Always a good idea - well done, glad it's cured.

richierich 18:16 20 Jan 08

i regularly find it starts off indicating 3 hours, 10 minutes later it says 2 hours, 10 minutes later it says 20minutes, just let it run its course.

The Mountaineer 18:28 20 Jan 08

First backup always takes longer than following incremental backups where the programme only backs up what you have changed.
Have a play around with the settings.

woodchip 18:44 20 Jan 08

Don't bother with incremental backups, as they will be no good if the drive fails. Best to create Images and backup files to other media

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5