Acronis True Image

meater 10:10 05 Sep 06

Hi There,
I have just bought the backup program called Acronis True Image 9.0. Can anybody tell me if I can use it on more than one Computer? I have got three computers which I would like to make backups of. But some apprications you buy you are restricted to one computer, are you restricted with the Acronis Program?

Any help appreciated,

Meater

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:19 05 Sep 06

Just guessing but if you have an external drive would it be possible to partition it and use a different partition for each machine. You would have to connect and disconnect to each machine as required, would not be able to do autobackups though. Anyone tried this, or is there a network solution?

rawprawn 10:43 05 Sep 06

I wouldn't worry if they are all your computers.
It doesn't report back to base anyway.

FelixTCat 13:23 05 Sep 06

meater,

No doubt you will uninstall from each one before using it on another so that it is only used on one at a time.

Regards,

Felix

vinnyT 13:31 05 Sep 06

Make a boot cd on the pc that TI is installed to, this can then be used to boot into TI (without booting into windows first) and you can use it to perform your backups on any pc that can boot from the cd.

In this way you will only have the sw installed on one machine, this will still be frowned upon by the eula, but the choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

woodchip 14:08 05 Sep 06

Yes load the Acronis Software on one Computer, then in Acronis Create a Rescue CD this you can use without loading Acronis on to any computer. You need another drive or Partition,to put the Image on If you are not going to create the Image to a Optical drive

woodchip 14:09 05 Sep 06

Acronis only sees the First Partition on a External Drive

meater 18:42 05 Sep 06

I don't know whether I put my question for the Acronis True Image clear enough. All I want to know is,do you have to Activate it like you do with Windows XP and Nortons Programs, so you can only install it on one computer?

From Meater

Eric10 18:48 05 Sep 06

Short answer is NO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…