Acronis True Image 2010 for £18.51???

julius44 13:32 06 Apr 10

Hello everyone and good afternoon, I just need some expert advice on this website that ive come across pls. They are selling acronis true image 2010 for £18.51....i'm not sure if they are based in Australia or not....or whether the website is even legit or whether they are even based in the UK, but the website is called Australina PC Authority. I've always wanted to purchase acronis, but it has alsways been TOO EXPENSIVE for me to purchase, but i think £18.51 is a bargain, but its CD and it may have to be posted from Autralia...that could take a couple of days or maybe 2 weeks. Anyway all opinions/suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks.

julius44 13:33 06 Apr 10

Sorry people below is the link....

click here

Pine Man 13:41 06 Apr 10

'but its CD'

The link you have provided is a download site so you needn't worry about delivery.

Excellent price - worth a gamble?

julius44 14:00 06 Apr 10

thanks pine man, but what about the site itself, is it legit???

Technotiger 14:27 06 Apr 10

I Googled the site, came up with this - looks legit enough to me ...

click here

Daiol 14:29 06 Apr 10

Looks okay.

julius44 15:00 06 Apr 10

Okay, ive heard a lot about Acronic true image, and the products always get fab reviews, but I have a 1tb external hard drive, and all my music, pics, wird docs, etc are stored on it....I have used 123Gb, and I have about 798Gb left...hence will acronis still be sueful to me....I have a Pentium 4 desktop, running windows XP....hard drive used is 57.7Gb.....free hard drive is 88.2Gb. So as I have so much space on both my 1tb external hard drive and even pcs internal hadrd drive I'd just like peoples opinions on whether Acronis would be useful to me at all, many thanks

alankearn 15:18 06 Apr 10

click here

Is this a better buy ?

julius44 15:44 06 Apr 10

Good question alankearn.....i'm now wondering which one is better myself.

cocteau48 16:00 06 Apr 10

Being apparently a "valued customer!"I was offered Acronis 2010 with their Security Suite ,direct from Acronis,for £15.00 which I willingly accepted.

The Security Suite installed OK on my Vista laptop but the 2010 version of Acronis refused to install for some inexplicable reason. This was despite the fact that I had run the previous two versions of Acronis on the same machine without a hitch.

While trying to solve this I browsed through their forum to find that the 2010 version was causing a lot of problems for some customers and the general consensus was that the new version did not offer enough advantages over the previous version to warrant the upgrade.

Even after a "live chat" session with their tech support we could not get it to run and I ended up getting a refund,(without any hassle)from them.

Might have been because it was packaged with their Security Suite .... we will never know now!

The reinstalled 2009 version still works beautifully and I would not dream of being without it.

lotvic 23:20 06 Apr 10

Acronis for free download
If you have either a Seagate or Maxtor Harddrive attached to your pc (doesn't have to be your C: drive) you can download either
DiscWizard click here
or MaxBlast 5 click here
(they are both the same program - a slightly cut down version of Acronis True Image)
If you click on the 'Learn more' and download the .pdf file you will find that both are actually Acronis and when you download and install the program you are then given an option to upgrade for a small fee to the full version.

I found the free version to be adequate for me for starters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…