acronis true image 11 licenses

sinbads 20:33 18 Feb 08

Thinking of getting this software, i know a lot of you use this for backups. My question is i have 1 PC and 1 Laptop can i install the software on both pc's?

regards

sinbads 20:35 18 Feb 08

Forgot to add are there any issues with version 11

rawprawn 21:22 18 Feb 08

You can install it on both, and no issues that I know of.

setecio 21:32 18 Feb 08

I think it is a one machine licence so buy 2 copies of it.

sinbads 21:57 18 Feb 08

ummm Don't really want to buy 2 to do the same job
i'll wait to see what others think .....thanks for your feedback

T0SH 22:37 18 Feb 08

If you install acronis on one PC then use it to create the the emergency recovery CD you will have a bootable version of acronis on CD that you can use anywhere apparently without any restrictions

Cheers HC

davidw1977 09:32 19 Feb 08

The license seems per machine.

If the hard disk of your computers are made by Seagate, there is a free tool from Seagate (Seagate DiscWizard) which is licensed from Acronis. You can use the DiscWizard on any computers with Seagate drive for free.

I have 2 desktop computers and one laptop. Both desktop computers are with Seagate disks so I just use the free Seagate DiscWizard. On the laptop, I bought a license from Acronis as the laptop has a Hitachi disk.

sinbads 14:51 19 Feb 08

unfortunately my drive is a sata however i propose to capture images using an external drive, if as Tosh says the recovery disk is universal then it should work? would i need to load the software on both computers or would the bootable disc reconise the image on the connected external dive?

DieSse 15:10 19 Feb 08

"unfortunately my drive is a sata"

It's the manufacturer that's important - not the type. Seagate or MaXtor are both OK as makes for the Acronis-based free version from Seagate.

Confab 15:39 19 Feb 08

I use the same copy on my laptop and desktop without any issues

I can't find a copy of the license on the Acronis website but I guess that I would have had to agree to it when I installed the software. On a lot of third party vendor sites the license refers to “users” not pc's.

Confab

pj123 15:46 19 Feb 08

Forget it. I use xxclone (free) from click here

and Maxblast 5 (also free, which is based on acronis engine) from: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…