Acronis® True Image 11 Home

Forum Member2 13:09 23 Jun 08

What does it do?

How does it work?

Does anyone know

Sorry about the bland questions i just really want to see what it is

Taff™ 13:13 23 Jun 08

It is probably the best backup software on the market. Amongst other things it allows you to take a snapshot of your current system and save it to an external hard drive. It will then allow you to add incremental backups and should the system ever become corrupted it will allow you to return it to the point you made the last backup. This includes the operating system and all your programs.

Taff™ 13:14 23 Jun 08

Sorry! click here

Forum Member2 13:15 23 Jun 08

thanks, but how does the image thing work ?

Forum Member2 13:18 23 Jun 08

and in the event that i wanted to swap computer will the licence let me

crosstrainer 14:29 23 Jun 08

In a word No! Acronis will make a complete image of ALL data on the computer you install and configure it on.

It will not restore Windows to a new PC if that's what you are trying to do. You would need a new copy of the operating system for the new machine.

Taff™ 14:31 23 Jun 08

Acronis literally copies everything to an image file. If you need to restore it you boot the computer from an Acronis disc, point it at the backed up image and it will restore it to your Hard Disk, overwriting everything that`s there. Thereby "reverting" the system to the previous backup.

Not sure what you mean by the second question. You can`t copy an image to another computer because the hardware and drivers would be different and it probably wouldn`t boot. If you mean can you use Acronis on two computers, I think the answer is that it can officially be used on only one at a time.

Technotiger 14:52 23 Jun 08

Acronis will also make a Clone of your C: drive enabling you to restore the Clone to another replacement hard drive (on the same computer) in the event of the original hard drive going belly-up.

manrow 13:08 04 Oct 08

Can I just be reassured that the 'image' obtained includes all the software that was loaded onto the hard drive or just the operating system?

compumac 13:18 04 Oct 08

All

mfletch 13:26 04 Oct 08

It also has a Try&Decide

Create a temporary, safe place on your hard disk where you can perform changes to your system that otherwise might not be advisable, such as installing new software, downloading files from the Internet, or opening e-mail attachments. If the operations are successful, you can apply those changes to the real system or discard the changes as you wish.

I use it to try out different antivirus>antispyware programs then when done you just restart your computer and everything is back as it was before you installed the new software {unless you want to save the changes}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced