Acronis True Image

david4637 21:26 20 Aug 03

I have used the above from a PCW Cover disc and created an image on CDRs of the C:\ .
When I plucked up courage to restore the image (as a try and see what happens)it said it needed to reboot because the swap file was running. At this point my courage went and I cancelled the operation.
Could you please give me your confidence that Acronis will overwrite my C:\ drive OK, without a W98SE reinstall exercise which I do NOT want at this time. Thanks David

christmascracker 21:35 20 Aug 03

I got Acronis on a cover disc too a couple of months ago.

Like you I was a bit dubious to say the least the first time I used it.

I think it's great and have used it lots of times since and it hasn't let me down yet.

The best £6 I've spent in a long time

Sheila

woodchip 21:50 20 Aug 03

It will overwrite the C:\ drive including partition info just as when you created the Image. So if it's a month from now that you had problems you would reload the Image. And then reload backups of E-Mail and any docs you made after you created the Image. As these are still necessary

woodchip 21:50 20 Aug 03

PS this can be done in 5 to 10 mins

david4637 17:21 21 Aug 03

1. Thanks for your replies.

2. Have you given it the OK to reboot because it could not load in the backed up image because the swap file was "running" ? Thanks David

christmascracker 19:08 21 Aug 03

I always run it from start up ie put boot disk in drive and restart pc

Good luck

david4637 13:41 22 Aug 03

What happens when you boot up using the
Acronis Boot Floppy disc. Is it similar to booting to the DOS Prompt? Thanks David

christmascracker 14:30 22 Aug 03

I havn't got a clue as never worked with DOS. If you have a look in the help file it will tell you exactly what to do (and better than me explaining) and what to expect

Sheila

woodchip 14:50 22 Aug 03

If it's like Acronis Disc Administrator it's like working in windows but with out task bar and icons. PS the above is the equivalent of Partition Magic. It's Easy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…