Acronis Tru Image download.

Meshuga 22:23 04 Sep 04

Does anyone know if there is a free version available to download. Thanks, Meshuga.

son-of-a-gun 07:20 05 Sep 04

There is a free trial version of Acronis, not sure if it's 15 or 30 days, click here

Meshuga 07:27 05 Sep 04

Many thanks. Regards, Meshuga.

johnsims 08:34 05 Sep 04

There was a free copy of Version 6 doing the rounds of the PC mag cover disks a few months back. (current version is 7) I have used V6 and it is teriffic. If you can't find a back copy mag with cover disk, let me know and I'll email you the file from my cover disk.

son-of-a-gun 09:01 05 Sep 04

No problem, glad to be of help.
But be aware, if your using RAID hard drives, the free version on PC mags will not support the HDs. Not sure but I think the current version is 8 Any Ver Pre version 7 will not even know you have RAID HDs.

Wuggy 18:09 05 Sep 04

Free version of Acronis True Image Deluxe is on cover disk for edition 104 of PC Advisor (Spring 2004) You have to register on Acronis' website - (address in magazine in cover disk section) They send you a registration code number which you need for installation. Downloaded it myself about 3 weeks ago and is first class. Since then I bought version 8 (but that's the monied classes for you) Makes image from within Windows, creates 'virtual drive' which can be explored etc.

absent 20:05 05 Sep 04

I stand to be corrected but I believe the download version is not fully functional, just gives you a idea of how it works. I would recomend this program though and if the version on PCA cover disk is fully functional go for it.

Meshuga 20:38 05 Sep 04

no, I don`t have Raid HD, thanks anyway. Thanks Wuggy,have since located a source of the disc and have registered and got the serial number. Thanks too to absent Regards to all. Meshuga.

Waldoc85 22:21 05 Sep 04

Does this program allow you to transfer windows XP onto a second or external hard disk ?

uskfisherman 08:58 06 Sep 04

I purchased this but I cant recall what I paid. What ever it was it was worth every penny. Its about the best software I have bought for what it is does and the ease it does it. I transfered from one hard drive to another easily so my answer to Wadoc85 is yes,

SEASHANTY 14:37 06 Sep 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…