Acronis TI will not function with HP Notebook.

Daibus 15:50 20 Aug 06

I am unable to get Acronis TI to function correctly with my HP DV2000 Notebook but with the Dell PC I never had any problems.

I tried to create a Bootup disc with no success but then I proceeded to create a full Backup to my external Hard Disc,the process started and terminated but the file created was not an Acronis
True Image Archive when the process finished, only a File which could not even be mounted, as it was probably not recognised by Acronis as a TI Archive. The C:/ drive on the notebook contains a recovery partition and I was wondering if this could be the problem. When I start the process for Backup in TI 3 entries are displayed:-

NTFS (C)
HP Recovery (D)
NTFS

I tried backing up with just the first entry ticked and then the three entries ticked but with no joy as a correct Acronis True Image Backup Archive does not seem to have been created properly.

Help much appreciated with thanks.

mgmcc 17:28 20 Aug 06

It sounds as though Acronis isn't functioning properly. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Even if there are problems creating backups, there really shouldn't be a problem creating the Boot CD.

woodchip 17:54 20 Aug 06

It will work if You create a Rescue CD in the Program. Then change your boot order in BIOS so that it looks at CD as first boot device Followed by Hard Disc as second boot device. Then start with the Acronis CD in the drive

Daibus 18:25 20 Aug 06

Thank you for your replies - I tried to create a Bootable Rescue CD woodchip, using Acronis TI but the process keeps freezing half way through and the CD is being ejected as well.

Will try it again and will also reinstall the software as well mgmcc.

Cheers.

ade.h 20:24 20 Aug 06

If you happen to have HP's Altiris Recovery installed, make sure that you have never actually run it; it creates a hidden restore partition which might possibly cause problems for True Image.

woodchip 20:28 20 Aug 06

You could copy the True Image CD to desktop then run in safe mode from the copy. It may then load OK

Daibus 09:44 21 Aug 06

Thanks again for your replies.

Yes my new Notebook HD does contain a HP Recovery partition but I cannot see the name Altiris - where would I check for this ade.h and would a recovery partition cause problems for TI anyway?

The original TI CD I had has been updated many times online to newer versions so I may have to ask for further advice woodchip on the actual procedure to follow.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…