Acronis TI question.

Meshuga 09:02 01 Apr 07

If, instead of creating a bootable disc on a disc I created it on a USB flash pen would that be useable in the same way as a disc if required. Reason for asking is that disc drive is not working. My os is xphome sp and program is Acronis TIhome version 10.

€dstowe 09:40 01 Apr 07

If your motherboard has legacy USB enabled (that is USB functions without Windows being loaded) then possibly but wouldn't it be better to get the machine's hardware in working order before attempting to re-install or whatever you are wanting to do?

A computer without a working disk drive is a bit of an oddity these days and you can get a new one for only a few quid.

Meshuga 09:48 01 Apr 07

€dstowe, It`s just that I wanted to get a bootable disc made while arranging to get a replacement disc drive. Money wasn`t the issue. Will scrap the idea until I get the disc drive. Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…