Acronis TI 11 Problems

RobCharles1981 22:05 15 Sep 10

Hi,

I'm trying to restore my computer using a recent image burned onto a DVD Disk I've verified the image and all is ok, I follow the on screen prompts once thats done it reboots and its still haven't restored the image.

Whats going on ??

Nontek 22:19 15 Sep 10

Only guessing, but ...

Are you starting the Computer with a Acronis Restore disc, before opting for the image to restore from the DVD?

RobCharles1981 22:21 15 Sep 10

I tried two ways

One In Windows itself.

And as you said used the Boot Disk but I get an error saying no Hard Drives Detected its going around in circles!

Nontek 22:30 15 Sep 10

Found this, but dunno if it will help ... click here

woodchip 22:34 15 Sep 10

You cannot do it in Windows, as above you need to start with Acronis CD or Rescue Media if you created a CD, then after its loaded you change the disc then tell it you want to restore. The Program runs in Memory to run the restore after its loaded

RobCharles1981 22:38 15 Sep 10

Hi Woodchip this is where its going wrong.

Loaded the Acronis Boot Disk and I got to the main screen. Stuck In the disk with the image located it then an error came up that it couldn't find any hard drisks?

RobCharles1981 23:05 15 Sep 10

What can you suggest?

woodchip 23:12 15 Sep 10

Only thing I can think is that its something to do with may be your drives being SATA. or there is bad connections on the drives, even faulty drives

RobCharles1981 23:13 15 Sep 10

I wouldn't say they would be faulty, would it be a good idea to update and get the newest version of Acronis ???

woodchip 23:14 15 Sep 10

When looking for the Image, mine always shows up as Removable A:\ drive so check any drives for the image first and click on it to restore

RobCharles1981 23:21 15 Sep 10

Yeah but why is it stopping me from not recovering via the Acronis Boot Disk?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now