Acronis T I 10 & New External Harddrive

skidzy 16:13 29 Mar 07

Hello again forum

Ive just received my new version of Acronis True Image 10 and my poor little 30GB external drive is just not big enough.

Ive done a little research in view of buying another drive but preferably would like a Firewire external drive of around 250GB,im asking here for any experiences using the Firewire External drives and obviously the best prices in the uk.

All advice and recommendations greatly appreciated as always.

Thankyou all.

anskyber 16:17 29 Mar 07

Is there a particular reason it must be Firewire? I use an external HDD (a Lacie which has a Seagate drive inside) but using a powered USB connection.

skidzy 16:22 29 Mar 07

Hi anskyber,thankyou for the reply.

I was hoping the transfer of any data would be quicker using Firewire as i have a few of my Holidays with the kids on file,plus i would like to use my ATI 10 on the drive,however i might end up buying 2 drives.

I know there is some debate of usb2 and firewire,but i do believe firewire is better (from experience with the camcorder).

anskyber 16:27 29 Mar 07

Yes it does appear to be the case for video transfer in particular. For others who may read this thread (not you because you already know [!]) this excellent recent article sets out the pros and cons of Firewire v USB 2. click here

skidzy 16:30 29 Mar 07

Wrong link anskber,its this page :-)))

Think i know where your going though.Have done a lot of research on the so called better or poorer performance.

Here is one ive found 160GB click here

anskyber 16:35 29 Mar 07

Drat!! I managed to foul that one up big time! Yes. I have the 250Gig one following an A list rating from, ahemm, another mag. They do a Firewire one too. click here

anskyber 16:37 29 Mar 07

To cover some of my embarrassment and for the 2 people who were desperate to read the review (!!) click here

skidzy 16:38 29 Mar 07

Cheers ansyber,thats given me a good start.

sinbads 16:44 29 Mar 07

skidzy

aldi are selling 320 gig external hard drive £67.99 click here

skidzy 16:45 29 Mar 07

dont be embarrassed,we all do it :-))) (Giggling away)

Interesting read and have read very similar.I would install another drive,but as this system is only a month old,i do not want to open this up just yet due to the warranty agreement.

I have all the power i need with this system and would like to think using the firewire would benefit me with the transfers.

skidzy 16:56 29 Mar 07

thanks for the link,could be handy if my local Aldi has them in stock.

Interesting read also,i had not thought of the sata transfer rate....something i will look into thankyou.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…