Acronis Support

rawprawn 08:25 20 Nov 09

It has only just come to my notice by way of
click here
That Acronis support is no longer free. I think this is a retrograde step, and all users should be aware of this.In general I think all software producers who sell a "paid for product" should provide free support, as we all know glitches do occur.
The very least they could do is warn their customers that this rule was to be implemented.

MAT ALAN 08:42 20 Nov 09

thank god for us then, w'ere FREE...

gazzaho 08:57 20 Nov 09

Thanks for the info, that's something I wasn't aware of. I totally agree with you, no one should have to pay extra for support. As we all know a lot of problems can be caused by an update introducing unknown bugs into an otherwise working program.

Thankfully I've had little in the way of problems, touch wood, with ATI in the past. For the most part it's worked fine and has saved a lot of agony and kept me with a full head of hair, may it continue to do so.

rawprawn 09:14 20 Nov 09

"thank god for us then, w'ere FREE..."
Dare I ask?

compumac 10:55 20 Nov 09

rawprawn
There is an Acronis forum here click here it is a new forum but I have used the old one with some considerable satisfaction.

rawprawn 11:37 20 Nov 09

Thanks for that, but I had already looked at it as part of my search for free support.
I am sure it will be of help, but for example I had a problem using TI 2009 backing up emails. Eventually after about 6 weeks of trying to solve my problem (which I appreciated)having had direct online conversations, and even a telephone conversation with their support they were unable to solve the problem but they did give me a work round.
That is what I call service and could not possibly be achieved in a Forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009