Acronis problem.

bruno 09:49 30 Sep 06

I have a problem with my hard disc suddenly deciding that it is 121 gb, where it is supposed to be 200 gb.This appears to have happened since I used Acronis.I installed it and backed up my system which,I seem to remember,said it would need 62gb of disc space,which would be hidden from Windows.I then decided that I had rushed in to this without reading it up properly and should have backed up to an external hard disc.So I uninstalled it,intending to start again from scratch.Everything has now gone from my PC but I suspect thatmy drive has been altered in some way.I want to know how to access the hidden bit as none of my normal methods do anything.I use XP home.

Jim Thing 10:53 30 Sep 06

I reckon your missing gigabytes are now in the Acronis Secure Zone, which contains your system backup. This is a protected part of your system which Windows can't access.

You can remove the Secure Zone (look under Tools on the L/H side of the Acronis opening screen and click on Manage Acronis Secure Zone). Removing the Zone will delete your backup, but if you're planning to start again from scratch this won't be a problem.

Hope this helps
Jim.

Jim Thing 11:03 30 Sep 06

Acronis has a good PDF user manual that lives under the Help button. See page 13 for details of the Secure Zone and how to delete it.

bruno 14:14 30 Sep 06

Thanks for the information.You have confirmed what I suspected regarding the secure zone.I could not remember the name.I just started reading the PDF manual when the football started so I will go to the pages you suggested.I will have to reinstall it to gain access to tools etc.It will teach me to read the manual first.I always used to lecture my customers when I was working to RTFM,I should listen to my own advice.

bruno 17:12 30 Sep 06

I have tried your suggestion but was not given the choice to delete,so I think I may be on the wrong track.As I have ticked this as resolved I am goig to open another post.Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5