Acronis - not working

Sheila-214876 15:51 11 Feb 04

I have Acronis Trueimage but it doesn't work. After all the "next, next, next". etc I get to the bit that says hard disk or removable disk and click on removable disk and point to the CD but when I get there it says "estimated time more than 1 day" but nothing happens. I have watched the paint dry for 40 minutes and the only way out is to power down. My mouse doesn't work and the keyboard doesn't work. Is Acronis any good?

Skeletor 16:25 11 Feb 04

ennuye

I've used Acronis True image for several months and found it invaluable and so easy to use. Apart from the usual uninstall/reinstall I can't really help, but I'm sure someone out there will know the answer.

Eric10 16:34 11 Feb 04

You can save to your hard drive and specify the size of file to split the image to and then you can burn them to CDs later. I find that Nero gives a warning if the parts are larger than 2 Gb so I usually specify 1.95Gb. This is of course when burning to DVD. With CDs you should make the size appropriate to your media. You can even save the image files to your C: drive and Acronis will warn you to copy them off as soon as possible.

The Spires 17:43 11 Feb 04

As Eric10 says you might want to copy the image to your hard drive & then burn this to cd/dvd afterward. I have to do this or did anyway & it is not really a problem. Also if using the paid for True Tmage 6 check if your version is the latest. Earlier version such as the Deluxe do have bugs regarding to Cd burning but burning afterward to Cd is easy.

rsturbo 18:18 11 Feb 04

have latest version with latest updates still can't get software to get past acronis loading please wait. tried contacting them but no reply even tho i am a reigistered paid for customer.
great incentive to use licenced and paid for software???

Patr100 18:51 11 Feb 04

I had a similar problem with a free cover disk version a few months ago. I emailed Acronis and they did reply quite quickly but not a great deal of help.See my email below and their reply:

Whenever I try to burn a bootable rescue disk to CD or a backup of my Hard drive to CD . Pc just freezes (message says burning bootable
disk to CD/R or burning rescue disk but there is no HD activity when the PC freezes. and I have to reboot. . Win 98se with AOB nstant CD burning software.Liteon CD writer.

ACRONIS REPLY
"This product you got with the magazine is the old version of our Acronis
True Image. It may not support new CD recording hardware. This support is
added in the new version 6.0"

Djohn 19:46 11 Feb 04

click here Try this thread for information.

pj123 uses and recommends acronis, he may be able to help. j.

leo49 19:49 11 Feb 04

ROFLMAO

TommyRed 21:56 11 Feb 04

I have Acronis True Image 6.0, the paid for version. I had a few problems on 98SE but when I re-formatted I took a restore Image as I had no disks, this worked fine when it needed to. An image I took much later when all my programs and docs where loaded did not. I did ty and burn directly to cd-r though so the idea of going to the hard drive first might work. I've taken a couple of images on XP but tend to use system restore when necessary. HTH TR

Sheila-214876 16:50 13 Feb 04

Djohn. I checked out your link but nowhere on the thread does it say "I recommend it". The copy I have came from the PC Answers magazine. I have now got my PC Advisor Spring 2004 magazine and on it is, guess what? Acronis True Image free Full Programme. I uninstalled the copy I have and tried the PC Advisor install. I get as far as a window that says "Processing Please Wait..." and "Driver Installation Please Wait..." but after watching the paint dry for 10 minutes nothing is happening. I also notice it says "Acronis True Image Trial Setup?" Although it may be nice to have a full restore on CDs I think I will stick to my xxclone on another hard disk. Thanks everyone for the input.

hugh-265156 17:02 13 Feb 04

im using the free deluxe version.no real problems with it.

what size is used on your hard drive and ammount of compression are you using? ie/"1 day" takes about 2 hours for 5 gigs at x2 for me.

try an update click here enter your email and password and select deluxe from the drop down box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…