acronis migrate easy 7.0 from cover disk

pookie 19:36 27 Sep 05

hi

i've 2 hard drives. i've formatted the slave drive and am going to use it as a full clone/backup to master drive. stupid question - does 'clone' just mean copy ie i don't want all master content moved to slave and leave master empty. i just want slave to be a clone of master in case master ever fails. just being overly cautious.

cheers

p

GaT7 19:41 27 Sep 05

Yes 'clone' does mean just copy. G

pip22 19:48 27 Sep 05

Cloning copies the source partition to another drive or another partition on the same drive. It does not delete or affect the original source partition in any way.

pookie 19:56 27 Sep 05

cheers guys

P

GaT7 20:16 27 Sep 05

No problem pookie. If you ask me, your question is not stupid - lazy, may be ; ), & overly cautious is being wise rather than sorry. I know, I've been very sorry for not asking the 'stupid' question from time to time - & I'm not only referring to computers! G

pookie 22:25 27 Sep 05

thanks guys - as an update i did it and it seems to have worked ok in that exact gb size was transferred and exact nuber of files as well. i haven't tried changing slave to master and booting from old slave but main thing is it worked as full backup - not bad for free cover disk program

ta

P

dan11 22:35 27 Sep 05

" i haven't tried changing slave to master and booting from old slave but main thing is it worked as full backup "

I think you will find it works perfectly.;-) I have been using 7.0 for quite awhile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant