Acronis image disc back-up

geedad 19:46 30 May 06

Anyone using the latest version of Acronis image software?
I would appreciate your comments about it if you are.
geedad

mattyc_92 19:59 30 May 06

I have tried it, but went back to v8 as it took around 5 hours to restore my computer

The Spires 21:26 30 May 06

I have used version 9 since it's introduction when I upgraded from 8 with no problems, version 9 has some nice improvements such as DVD support & restoration of an image without having to reapply the desired update again after it's booted into it's own OS. I'm very pleased with it, it just keeps getting better. It takes me under 3 minutes to restore a 6 Gig C:\ partition.

rawprawn 07:46 31 May 06

I'm a stick in the mud with version 7. I have no problems with it, it works perfectly and has saved my bacon many times. "If it aint broke don't fix it"

Enoch 08:14 31 May 06

I installed Acronis True Image 9 a week ago and I have only favourable comments about the programme. I highly recommend it.

€dstowe 08:21 31 May 06

I'm still using version 8. This has served me well, it does what I want it to do, I'm used to it so there is no reason for me to change.

Andsome 08:24 31 May 06

I have heard of more problems with 9 than with previous versions. I am happy with 8, and it is available a lot cheaper then 9.

Tabvla 08:37 31 May 06

The 3 market leaders in this area are:

Copy Commander by VCOM
Norton Ghost by Symantec
True Image by Acronis

Copy Commander is very simple to use but limited in that it does not support networked or external disks.

Norton Ghost has earned a reputation for being unstable and difficult to use.

Acronis True Image is undoubtably the best product of its type on the market today.

However, understanding exactly what the product does, can do and won't do is essential to obtaining the best from the product and disaster-free backups and restores.

The User Guide is ESSENTIAL reading. Download a PDF version here > click here

There is an Acronis User Forum dedicated to True Image. You can join the Forum here > click here

Don't be put off by a lot of what appears to be negative comments on the Forum about the product. True Image is not without its problems but it is without any doubt the "best-of-breed". With care and attention to detail and not least a lot of good common sense, you will have a robust and reliable backup solution.

geedad 12:01 31 May 06

Many thanks to all of the Forum members for your very useful comments.
It looks as if Acronis has won the prize!
geedad

vinnyT 12:57 31 May 06

I know you have closed the thread, but, amazon have TI9 for £16.97 (inc. p&p) at click here

geedad 21:23 01 Jun 06

vinnyT
Gosh! That's wonderful!
Thanks,
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…