Acronis home 2009 - failed backups

Quickbeam 09:27 22 Feb 09

I got this last week from Amazon expecting it to work as well if not better than Ghost that I had on XP.

I did an initial full backup that it says was done OK, but when I enter the recovery screen at boot up I get the error message,
'Failed to read from the sector 0 of hard disk 0',
and cannot see any recovery files available.

Also I've tried to set up scheduled backups, but I get a failed box, and the list shows the backup as 'completed with errors'...?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:31 22 Feb 09

This happened to me when I first tried ACTI2009, found was due to the fact that the drive did not have enough space left on it.

Quickbeam 09:35 22 Feb 09

I'll try extending the Acronis secure zone.

What about the 'Failed to read from the sector 0 of hard disk 0' problem, that seems to be different.
I had to reinstall from the factory default disk this week as I couldn't get the recovery manager to see any backup files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:02 22 Feb 09

I got rid of the secure zone and just back upto a totally separate drive.

Yes couldn't see backup files last night after a manual back up, but then again I was looking in the wrong place :0)

Quickbeam 11:20 22 Feb 09

If I dispece with the secure zone, do I then use the boot disk to access recoveries?

Quickbeam 11:28 22 Feb 09

Or even dispense.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:37 22 Feb 09

If the machine won't boot then use the Boot CD to access the drive where you stored the backup.

If the machine boots you can use ACTI2009 to access the backup file its really just a compressed file containing all your files and folders on the drive you backed up. just click on the .tib file and you can see all your files and folders.

cocteau48 12:50 22 Feb 09

Quickbeam
"do I then use the boot disk to access recoveries?"
There are three ways to access your saved image:
1. By using the boot disk (in which case you will may find that your image may not be seen where you saved it (eg ext HD) but can be seen on the menu for the disk drive that the recovery CD is in).
2.By using the restore facility within the Acronis user interface.
3.By right clicking on the actual saved image and choosing recover from the context menu which appears.

Quickbeam 00:19 23 Feb 09

I've got that now, I didn't know you could access recovery by right clicking the file.

six-h 00:31 23 Feb 09

Bookmarked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5