acronis and hidden restore

chippy+ 20:14 10 Dec 08

hi my daughter has a compaq pc with a hidden restore partition how do i go about setting a backup for c drive and hidden partition i have used acronis for about 6 years but have never needed to backup a pc with a hidden partition thanks Chippy

rawprawn 20:29 10 Dec 08

You can't backup a Recovery partition with Acronis, you should make a bootable recovery disc as a backup for it. There are usually instructions how to do it which come with the computer.

rawprawn 20:33 10 Dec 08

Sorry you can, Just open Acronis, choose Backup and it will show you both C: drive and Recovery drive. Just tick the Recovery Box and backup as normal.
However I would suggest you make that Bootable Recovery Disk

chippy+ 20:55 10 Dec 08

hi rawprawn
thanks for the response i have backed up as you say when she first got the pc and since then have been saying to her to get an external drive as the drive i backed up on was 1 of mine and her backup is well out of date but because her pc has been ok in 3 years she seems to think it dosen't need it (untill its to late) thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…