Acronis Free Trial Problem

Toniojoe 10:57 23 Nov 05

Hi,

I'm on the brink of buying Acronis True Image, and as a first step I downloaded the 14-day free trial. But I'm having problems with it and hope someone can tell me what's up

The problem: I made a "Test" folder in My Doccuments, filled it with 100 photo files, made a "mirror image" of my computer's HD onto my external HD using Acronis

All ok so far. Next I deleted the "Test" folder from my computer HD and tried to reinstate the Test folder and its files from the back-up files on my external HD. Each time I try this I just get the Test folder itself and one single photo file inside it reinstated. The other 99 photo files just don't get reinstated onto my computer's HD

I've tried to reinstate the Test folder from each of the six backup files with exactly the same result. I've also looked into the six backup files on my external HD and have seen that all the missing photo files are in there - but they all appear in all six backup files too and this doesn't seem right

I think I'm following the user manual to the letter, so can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong

Tony

PaulB2005 11:05 23 Nov 05

"mirror image" Did you Clone the drive or make a single Image File?

"back-up files" What backup files?

"six backup files" What backup files are these?

"I've also looked into the six backup files on my external HD and have seen that all the missing photo files are in there - but they all appear in all six backup files too and this doesn't seem right" I can't follow that. Please re-explain.

Toniojoe 12:29 23 Nov 05

Well either I'm using a completely different program here or I'm living in a parallel universe!

Thanks for your response, but if I need to answer the questions I guess I'm getting it wrong right from the start . . . . so I'll re-read the user manual and start over again

Tony

>steve< 00:29 29 Nov 05

im not sure but i dont think you can use the full application on the trial version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…