Acronis Disk Manager - changed drive letters

cotom 19:17 20 Feb 07

Had a close call recently with a lost partition so decided to install Acronis DM and create a bootable CD. When I tried it out it shows everything as should be, except the drive letters were different (same letters C: D: E: but against different drives). Is this a problem?

Ta

stephen0205 21:34 20 Feb 07

shouldnt be as long as the one with the windows files is set as your primary boot.

FatboySlim71 23:38 20 Feb 07

It is better to give the hard drive a name, eg PC HARD DRIVE PARTITION 1 or similar, then that way if the drive letters are different it will be still easy for you to determine which is the drive that you want. A good place to look for help is the Acronis forum, they have helped me out many times, this is the link for it.

click here

woodchip 23:42 20 Feb 07

I think that, why Acronis Pics them up like that is the way Partitons Have been created on the disc. It get's info from the MBR and may look at the info different than the BIOS and Windows

FatboySlim71 09:02 21 Feb 07

I read this on the Acronis forum, this is from the Acronis true image forum, but I would assume that it applies for the other Acronis programs as well.

"The reason why the drive letters are different is that Acronis uses Linux and it does not respect the drive letters that are assigned by Windows".

So as long as you rename your drive with an easily recognisable name, then it will still be easy to find and to determine which drive you are looking for, even if Acronis uses/gives the drive a different letter etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…