Acronis Disk Director Suite

pj123 16:11 20 Dec 07

I am trying to remove this from my computer.

All I get is:

"The Configuration Data for this Product is Corrupt. Contact your support personnel."

How do I remove it then?

rawprawn 16:40 20 Dec 07

You should be able to redownload it from Acronis (Log on and it will show it as registered to you) Reinstall it which should fix the corrupt problem and the uninstall using it's own facility if it has one.

pj123 16:47 20 Dec 07

rawprawn, thanks will give that a go.

pj123 17:04 20 Dec 07

rawprawn, well that didn't work. It wouldn't even install. It just gave up an error message that the file was corrupted.

Technotiger 17:17 20 Dec 07

Do a Search for it, then when found you can delete it from within the Search results window. Having done that you should run Ccleaner click here this will clear up any left-over bits.

rawprawn 17:21 20 Dec 07

Hmmm, sorry that didn't work.I don't use Disk Director Suite, but has it by any chance made a "Secure Partition" such as Acronis Secure Zone? If so try removing that first.Then try uninstall again.

rawprawn 17:55 20 Dec 07

Technotiger may be right, but if I was going to do it that way I would use Reg edit.Try that first.

rawprawn 18:20 20 Dec 07

Sorry that's ambiguous, I mean try Technotiger's suggestion first. It is not as searching.

pj123 13:56 21 Dec 07

Well, I was about to try Technotiger's suggestion but got beaten to it.

Someone/something (an act of God?) crashed my hard disk big time.

I tried a reboot but the BIOS just came up with "Detecting hard drives - None"

Fortunately, I have 3 other Clones of this disk. One here in a filing cabinet and 2 others off-site in two different friends houses.

The good thing is, the one I have here installed no problem and as it was cloned some time ago it didn't have Acronis Disk Director Suite on it.

I am now in the process of formatting the crashed hard drive and if it is still OK I will make another clone with it.

Will tick this as resolved.

Thanks all.

Technotiger 13:32 23 Dec 07

Only just seen your last comments - thanks for the feedback.

rawprawn 13:47 23 Dec 07

I'm glad you got sorted out anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…