Acronis Disk Director 11 help

Darklighter 13:28 02 Aug 10

Hi All,

I have a windows 7 PC (64-bit, 4GBram), less than 6 weeks old however have discovered that I need some software which only works on XP and not on Win 7. The old PC (7 yrs) is very unstable and is prone to switch off when m/board gets warm. I am unable to put the old drive into the new PC as would invalidate the warranty.

I have purchased True Image Home 2010 to cover me for future backups on a stand alone drive and Disk Director 11 Home to install on new Win 7 PC but not yet installed to control OS environments as required.

My options

1) I propose to switch the old pc drive into a drive caddy, then run Disk Director 11 home allowing me to switch OS as required.

Or

2) I propose to switch the old pc drive into a drive caddy, purchase Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0, move the old data to the spare D drive on Win 7 and then run Disk Director 11 Home.

My question is will option 1 work? Or do I have to go with option 2?

Or is there another option to me to use.

All help greatly appreciated.

woodchip 13:32 02 Aug 10

Its the boot manager you use in Disc Director to dual boot. But it the old drive will not work with the New PC as Drivers etc are different. You can try it but I do not hold out much hope of it booting

woodchip 13:34 02 Aug 10

You need to connect the Drive before loading Boot Manager as it will look for any and all OS systems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…