Acronis Corrupted Image

Bebee 16:45 17 Dec 06

I should tick this as resolved before I start, but I thought I would post an accidentally resolved issue that might help others and I would welcome comments on.

I have never been able to get a stable backup out of Acronis or Norton Ghost. I have tried all suggestions and run from the rescue discs as well as through Windows. I also tried saving to external drive, internal drive and to CD/DVD.

I recently replaced my graphics card removing a MX440 and adding an ATI to the ASUS motherboard. This was to take account of a new monitor.) The images are now created and verified quickly and with no problems. I also have fewer shut down problems (progs not responding etc.). i have only run Acronis so far - not Ghost.

Although I always back up data and keep track of installed programs, the thought that I can now recover quickly from a problem is comforting.

I assume that this is not just a coincidence, but was not able to track it down as a known issue. I bought the PC as a partly assemble bundle and had assumed compatibility.

anskyber 16:52 17 Dec 06

How odd, but very interesting.

Bebee 17:07 17 Dec 06

That's what I thought - odd and unexpected.

woodchip 17:29 17 Dec 06

I think I have only ever had one corrupt Image with Acronis. When you Create a Image try Creating it to the Internal Hard Drive and turn of the Check Image option. Then try restoring the Image, I think you will find it Restores without a Problem. If it's Corrupt Acronis will not load it. If it works drag the File onto your External Drive

woodchip 17:30 17 Dec 06

The Acronis Check Image I think as got a BUG

Bebee 20:10 17 Dec 06

I think you are right about the bug - but I have in the past tried what you suggested and it was corrupt and would not load - although now I don't have a problem. I spent a lot of time in the past on Acronis and Ghost with no success. My previous PC had no problem. I can only put it down to something to do with the graphics card or the software/drivers. I know that the reputation of Acronis is excellent and it was frustrating not to be able to rely on it - having paid for it!

Bebee 20:11 17 Dec 06

Tick as resolved as I posted for reference as well as comment - thanks for the comments.

David4637 16:41 19 Dec 06

Just try running chkdsk before using Acronis create an image, in case you are getting an error message from the HD via Acronis. Worth trying David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…