Acronis can't see Twin SATA Hds

son-of-a-gun 15:22 12 Jun 04

Hi everyone
Because of having to contact Norton via telephone re serial number of system works software in the event that I format the hard drive more times than they think is necessary, on the advice of a guy in this forum, I’ve attempting to try Acronis True Image to avoid conventionally reinstalling all software in the event that I think a format is required.

Because I’m using twin SATA hard drives which require during the installation of Win XP (F6 & S) to install the Via drivers to make contact with the Hds I’m finding a problem using Acronis True Image.

On boot up from the pre made by me Acronis bootable CD, it tells me I have no hard drive.
I must admit and because I’m financially tight the Acronis True Image software is a freebie from a PC magazine but it does say it’s a full deluxe version.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with twin SATA / Acronis, and what to do to remedy this, or is it me doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance Son-Of-a-Gun

Windows XP Home, SP1.
512 DDR (PC3200) 2x256
Sony 8x DVD+RW
Sony 52x24x52 CDRW
Raid-0 2x160 GB
Radeon AIW 9800SE 128mb
512 ADSL
oh, and a monitor, keyboard, & a mouse.

The Spires 15:49 12 Jun 04

You need to use version 7.xx the free version you have is old & does not support SATA drives. Version 7.xx does, no such thing as a free lunch you know.

Eric10 16:06 12 Jun 04

If you register your free copy of TrueImage Deluxe on their website you qualify for Acronis TrueImage 7 at the upgrade price of $29.99. If you do buy it then you also qualify for free updates which keep you up to date with the latest drivers.

son-of-a-gun 16:07 12 Jun 04

The Spires

Hey man, I can't argue with you about the lunch logic, but you can live in hope.

Just checked about the age, your right about that too,it came from a PC advisor CD this year but the Acronis is dated, 2002

Thanks for the nod.

son-of-a-gun 16:33 12 Jun 04

Thank you Eric10 for the information.

Eric10 16:44 12 Jun 04

Just a word of warning. If you do go for the update can I suggest that you keep the serial number for your present version safe. If you had to install on a clean PC at a later date (maybe following a crash and reinstall of Windows) then it knows that it is an update and after you have entered the serial number for version 7 it asks you for the serial number you updated from.

son-of-a-gun 22:03 12 Jun 04

Eric10

Smart thinking Eric10 thanks again

son-of-a-gun

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…