Acronis bootable media & autostart

exdragon 18:03 29 May 11
Answered

Hi - I'm just about to create an Acronis bootable disk, but one of the dialogue boxes says, 'Autostart not configured'.

Is this different to Autorun (because my CDs etc do just that) and if so, how do I configure it? I should hate to create one and then find I can't use it.

Thanks

woodchip 18:47 29 May 11
Answer

Just create it, When you need to use it you should check in the BIOS that CD is set to be the first Boot device that the PC looks for to boot from followed by Hard Drive.

PS you can before you start creating the CD try booting with the Acronic CD in the drive with it set as above, You can easy back out of it after its booted from the CD by removing the CD then Shut down by holding the Start Button in. This will not do no Damage as its only starting from the CD not the Hard drive.

If it will boot like that, you can create a Backup Image to another Partition or USB external Hard Drive if its plugged in Without loading it to your Hard Drive. I only create full Images for to Restore from not Incremental Backups, as this way Acronis will not mess up your Hard Drive Partitions

woodchip 18:48 29 May 11

PS You can use a Bootable CD to do the same as the above

exdragon 22:18 29 May 11

Thanks, woodchip, I'll go ahead with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017