Acronis backup problem

Ray5776 19:23 30 Dec 07

Hi everyone,
Just used Acronis to clone C to E as a backup.
Had to reboot as instructed but now the machine cannot see the E drive, any clues please.
Ray

Pine Man 19:30 30 Dec 07

I am only guessing but if you cloned your C drive to your E drive you have probably got two C drives now!

You shouldn't use cloning to do a back up just do s straight forward full back up.

Ray5776 20:33 30 Dec 07

This is an Aconis option, so I thought it would be safe but now I can`t see the E drive at all.
I can see what you mean about creating 2 C drives
which could be useful if one fails, I think that is the idea.
Can anyone tell me how to recover what was the E drive before I cloned it, don`t need the data just
want to reuse the drive.

Ray

Ray5776 21:46 30 Dec 07

bump

lotvic 21:58 30 Dec 07

Download the free utility from your hard drive manufacturers website and put onto floppy.

first check that your (proper) C drive is working ok.
disconnect the 'was E' drive and make sure pc is booting up and Windows working okay

Now (with pc switched off):
disconnect your (proper) C drive and replace with 'was E' drive, adjusting jumper as necessary.

In BIOS make boot from floppy 1st choice
use manufacturers prog on floppy to wipe drive and start afresh.

bluto1 22:10 30 Dec 07

If all that fails would a System Restore work?

lotvic 22:15 30 Dec 07

shouldn't think so, you have done a clone drive with Acronis, not Windows System.

Ray5776 22:24 30 Dec 07

Tried system restore no good.
Lotvic yes clone drive with Acronis.
Ray

woodchip 22:30 30 Dec 07

You should have created a Image. Not clone.

Ray5776 22:45 30 Dec 07

Woodchip, in hindsight yes, but I was given the clone option, from Acronis and would expect it to work

Ray5776 22:58 30 Dec 07

I have cloned the C drive onto an external drive in a USB caddy drive E,now drive E is no longer seen

#

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…