Acronis backup or clone

Muergo 22:59 25 May 09

What's the difference between a full disc backup on Acronis and a clone, they appear to be identical.

Muergo 23:24 25 May 09

Thank you both, lotvic will do as you recommend and do a full C drive backup to external drive.

john bunyan 23:28 25 May 09

Others will give a better answer but a clone is where you perhaps think your primary drive might pack up so you make a clone - I do this about once a fortnight to a second, slave, drive.This drive can't then be used for other things, as it is formatted prior to the clone. A backup, or image , can be made as a cumulative one, so only the changes since the last back up are added, so it is quicker. I have my main drive partitioned, one for system and one for data, so make two cumulative back ups on an external HD.Only a part of this 500gig drive is used for the back ups so you can use the rest of the drive for other things.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…