Acronis back up and what medium?

bythor 20:53 03 Oct 06

Hi. I intend to buy Acronis and back up my hard drive, due to recommendations in this forum. Can anyone advise on the best back up medium? Should I get an external hard drive? Would I be best using USB2 or another transfer option?
thanks in anticipation...

Monoux 20:57 03 Oct 06

I use Acronis and have found it very good. I purchased an external hard drive and connect by USB 2 with no problems whatsoever. operating system XP Pro SP2

bythor 21:00 03 Oct 06

thanks Monoux. Which drive did you buy? Did you buy them both as a package deal?

sil_ver 21:01 03 Oct 06

Ideally you want to use a medium that's not likely to fail when needed so I suppose the 'safest' method is to put it on DVD, you may need to span it across several disks depending on how much you have to back up. Having said that a lot of folk use external HDDs or even internal ones as I do.

Monoux 21:45 03 Oct 06

bythor -- I bought a Freecom 250Gb external hard drive complete with USB lead. Acronis Ive had for some time and used to back up to DVDs but it takes quite a few for a full back up. I got fed up messing with DVDs so treated myself to the hard drive

Daibus 22:40 03 Oct 06

I use a Lacie 160Gb external hard drive in conjunction with Acronis TI9 and use them to back up my desktop and laptop, again with no problems.

Recommended.

bythor 23:07 03 Oct 06

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the Lacie, not certain what software comes with it - I hope it's Acronis but if not I'll get it. Many thanks again for your help.

Monoux 16:08 04 Oct 06

Look here for free acronis click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…