Acronis back up ?

Ikelos 14:59 05 Nov 05

hi, how do i change the drive to back up the laptop, i backed it up on a external drive, but now i have another drive i want to use. I have messed with it for ages, and all i get in the box is the drive the back up is on now. does that make any sense? thanks all

PaulB2005 15:02 05 Nov 05

What software is this? True Image?

Ikelos 15:09 05 Nov 05

sorry, yes it is..

PaulB2005 15:19 05 Nov 05

So you are saying you have disconnected the old backup drive and connected a different one but you can only see the old one?

Can you give us more info?

Operating system?
Version of TI?
Drives - types (USB, Firewire etc), size,

can you see the drive normally in Explorer?

Ikelos 15:34 05 Nov 05

Hi, i have the drive the back up on still connected, but now i have another drive connected, which i want to use, but can find no way of making the new drive take the backup.

thank you.

Ikelos 15:35 05 Nov 05

winxp, ntfs, both external drives USB.

PaulB2005 16:00 05 Nov 05

You should be able to select the drive from the left hand pane.

What is the make and model of the drive?

Are you doin this in Windows or with the BootCD?

Can you see the drive normally in Explorer?

Ikelos 16:12 05 Nov 05

thats the bit i can not sort out, where do you tell it where you want the back up done ? I can not see it.......

thanks

PaulB2005 16:19 05 Nov 05

I thought you'd done this before so you must have told it aboiut the other drive?

Can you answer the questions above?

Can you take a screen shot of where you are stuck and then post it on ImageShack click here then post the link here so i can see where you are stuck?

Ikelos 16:31 05 Nov 05

hi, thanks for all the help, i re-read your third post, and found the drive, double clicked it, and it all came good..thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…