Acronis 9 Not Finding Hard Drives

RobCharles1981 19:08 10 Feb 07

Hi All

With the external Hard drive I brought today got it working, no now I want to use this now with Acronis, when I goto "The Back Up Option" I get this error code:

E000101F4 "Acronis True Image has not found any Hard Disk Drives"

How do I do this?

Thanks as always

Rob

Phphred 19:19 10 Feb 07

Try using your acronis recovery disk.

terryf 19:26 10 Feb 07

When you boot up from the acronis recovery cd that you have made using acronis, when you boot choose safe rather than normal acronis

RobCharles1981 19:27 10 Feb 07

And will that enable me to back up my partitions and Computer?

Thanks

RobCharles1981 19:56 10 Feb 07

Well I tried creating my own CD Rescue Disk in the Acronis in Windows, and it won't let me it says

"Error burning the Bootable CD-R/CD-RW" I have tried different disks still the same message, or do I use the the Aconis Bootable CD That I used to install the programe? When I booted into Aconis on the Startup I couldn't move the mouse!

Thanks

Rob

Phphred 20:30 10 Feb 07

Did you try formatting your CD recovery disk first? I think that it is pretty important to make a recovery disk. I use a dvd and format it with Nero's INCD for backing up. I should imagine that with a dvd you could backup about ten Gb so have a look at how much you are going to backup before you start, then format a DVD disk and make your recovery backup disk. I do not know what Acronis you have but mine is Acronis 9 and so some of this might not work on earlier acronis programmes

RobCharles1981 20:44 10 Feb 07

Well I now got myself into the Acronis Safe Mode feature and I select what I want to back up and move onto the next screen and I then tell it back to the external hard drive and make a file name up, but I get an error message:

Error The File name location or Format is valid. Please type the filename or lacation in the corrent format"

Anyway know?

RobCharles1981 21:40 10 Feb 07

I think I know what is going on here, Acronis is not picking up the External HHD do I have to add the drive in acronis to see it? Because it's picking it up in Widnows fine??

Strawballs 21:52 10 Feb 07
  RobCharles1981 22:17 10 Feb 07

Right the Drive after all is being picked in the program, what I cant understand is, its not letting me save the image what I ever I save a name to is something like BackupC then I get the error I just described.

Any Suggestions?

woodchip 22:49 10 Feb 07

Read the Manual on Creating Image Files to a Drive or Partition

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017