Acronis 8 or 9?

BigRik 16:59 09 Oct 05

A couple of weeks ago, I was going to get Acronis v8 yet there is now v9. Are there enough improvements to warrant the outlay for the new version or should I just go with v8?

All opinions are greatly appreciated.

Magik ®© 17:04 09 Oct 05

I have just got ver8 and it is fine,and does all i want, ver9 is a lot dearer.............

bvw in bristol 18:49 09 Oct 05

Version 9 is suffering from a few teething problems at present. Version 8 is tried and tested and works well.

rawprawn 19:23 09 Oct 05

I still have V7 and it works perfectly. I see no reason to upgrade if it is not necessary.

absent 20:35 09 Oct 05

Version 9 allows you to use your computer during a backup, as far as I know previous versions do not.

De Marcus™ 20:43 09 Oct 05

V8 does allow you to carry on working, although on slow machines you may well not want too.

absent 20:44 09 Oct 05

The only problem I had was burning a recovery disc, solved by temporarily turning off InCd or Direct Cd if you have either installed.

freaky 20:59 09 Oct 05

It is a bit of a quandary, I have V8 and it works OK. But V9 offers a lot more facilities.

Like all new programs, there will be problems that were not foreseen by the programmers. No doubt these will be resolved, but until then I will wait for the 'dust to settle' before I consider upgrading.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…