Acronis 7 - Corrupt Image

JayDay 20:43 31 Jul 04

I have been using Acronis 7 for about two weeks. I made a full image of my C Drive and then went to the check image feature, this informed me "The Image Archive is corrupted".

I did another image and this too was corrupted. What's the prob?

stalion 20:44 31 Jul 04

operating system please

JayDay 20:46 31 Jul 04

Sorry WinXP Pro

JayDay 20:47 31 Jul 04

When I explore the images I can see all the files there and it all seems ok.

woodchip 20:52 31 Jul 04

Will Acronis allow you to slow the burner down. I would say the burner is the problem. have you tried mounting the image in explorer, right click the image file and choose explorer, it should mount as another drive so you can examine the files folders. when you have done with the above right click the drive and choose unplug

JayDay 20:54 31 Jul 04

Yeah as mentioned above I can explore the image with no problems. Also I'm not burning the image to CD/DVD but to a separate HDD.

JayDay 09:51 01 Aug 04

bump

christmascracker 10:44 01 Aug 04

Have you installed the new (ish) update? Might help. Was released the 26th July

click here

absent 12:11 01 Aug 04

If Acronis True Image ceases running or produces errors, its files might be corrupted. To fix it, you will have to recover the program. To do this, run the installer again. It will detect Acronis True Image on your PC and will ask you if you want to recover (update) or remove it. Click Recover and click Proceed.

This is from the help file, worth a try.

bertiecharlie 13:16 01 Aug 04

JayDay.

Are you creating your images in the "Acronis Secure Zone" or just directly onto your second hard drive? By using the "Secure Zone" your images cannot be affected by any Windows applications. Its easy to set up, just have a look in the Help file.It says you can set it up on one drive only so, in your case, you would set it up on your second drive.

Also, and I don't know if this actually makes a difference, I defragment the drive before creating an image of it.

JayDay 15:29 01 Aug 04

Took your advice about creating in the Secure Zone. Worked a treat. Many thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…