Acronis 10 can not use mouse?

Press Man 22:28 04 Jan 07

Hi guys,
Have installed Acronis TI 10 Home. Tested the start up recovery by pressing F11. Recovery manager starts and indicates that usb take over failed? It then goes to the option screen to restore or boot normally, at this point the mouse is working! When it gets to the next screen where you choose which operation is needed the mouse no longer works? I have to use a MS mouse(usb) as my current keyboard and mouse is wireless. Anyone had the same or similar problem and cured it. Please let me know. XP Home SP2. Thanks in advance.

vitrocmax 23:47 04 Jan 07

I've just tested my TI 10 and it works fine. XP home SP2, USB mouse (not wireless).

No mention of USB in the startup dialogue, but it does mention 'hda' and 'hdc' not working properly. Once into the operation screen all hard drives show up (I have about 12, including the secure partition and several storage partitions) and I can explore them all.

So, in answer to your question, no I don't have the same problem and wonder if it's to do with the wireless adapter? (I do have a wireless mouse somewhere in the house so I might try it if I have time)

Could you plug in a conventional mouse and leave it round the back of the PC, so it's there if you need it? It wouldn't interfere with your wireless one if you don't use it, and I guess if you need to run TI 10 you can fish it out to use.

woodchip 23:59 04 Jan 07

In the Acronis Program, Create a Boot CD and try starting with that

Press Man 02:38 05 Jan 07

Will try unplugging the wireless mouse and use conventional one. Tried with the boot cd it's same?

€dstowe 06:44 05 Jan 07

You are better off using the Acronis boot CD rather than F11. In a real use situation, you will most likely need to use the boot CD anyway.

Press Man 11:37 05 Jan 07

Hi Guys,
Current situation: Un-installed Acronis TI 10 Home completely including all registry keys found according to Acronis info. Re-installed "typical set up", created "boot cd" (full version) created "secure zone", did not activate "Recovery Manager", backed up drive C to secure zone, connected an MS optical mouse by PS/2. I found out that activating the Recovery Manager overwrites the MBR which I repaired using the XP disc in recovery mode. Re-booted using boot cd, still got the message "usb take over failed" but now the mouse works? Could it be the re-installation, or, not activating the Recovery Manager that has made the difference? Still can not understand the "usb takeover failed" message? Do not want to activate Recovery Manager in case it was that causing the error in the first place.

Press Man 15:28 05 Jan 07

Although this issue, in part, is resolved for me, I will leave open for a while longer for any further comments or ideas!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…