Acrobat reader won't work.

KWAKI 13:07 19 Jun 05

Hi, i've got some files to veiw in pdf form but when i click on them my computer starts up the acrobat program and then it tries to find something to do with messanger and won't work.

It says its trying to find the messenger program on my computer but can't find it so it asks me to browse to find the program. Then when i click on cancel it keeps going back to the same message and the only way to get out of it is to go into task manager and shut down the acrobat program.

Does anyone know whats going on ,as i've uninstalled and re-instsalled it several times and it still won't work.

The thing is ,i've used it in the past and it was ok them.
Any ideas?

Joe R 13:15 19 Jun 05

try disabling messenger first.

click here

Taff36 13:25 19 Jun 05

Which Operating system are you using with which version of Reader. Reader 7 won`t work with Win98 for example. You can downnload a previous version from the adobe site.

Stuartli 14:17 19 Jun 05

If you go to:

click here

you can download (916kb) which is an excellent .pdf reader for general use.

Stuartli 14:17 19 Jun 05

It's freeware, by the way.

KWAKI 15:41 19 Jun 05

Thanks Stuartli ,that works a treat! Its down as my default reader now ,thanks everyone for helping.

Taff36 18:23 19 Jun 05

You didn`t answer my question but anyway - you`re sorted so resolved (Tick box)

KWAKI 00:56 20 Jun 05

Sorry Taff36 ,i'm using xp service pack 2 and it was Reader 7.

When i tried to open anything with acrobat readeri would get the message

'please wait while windows configures messenger 5.0.

'the feature you are trying to use is on a network that is on ok to try again, or enter an alternative path to the folder that contains the instalation package 'messenger.msi. in the box below.

then i would click cancel and a box for windows messenger 5.0 comes up saying....

'an instalation package for product windows messenger 5.0 cannot be found. Try the install again using a valid copy of instalation package 'messenger. msi.'

Then it goes back to the top ' please wait while windows configures messenger 5.0'.....and the only way i could get out of it was by going into task manager and closing down the program.

I know i've found an alternative but i felt i should explain whats happening.(sorry Taff36 ,your help was appreciated )

Taff36 08:30 20 Jun 05

Thanks for that. Looks like it`s a duff installation of messenger so Joe R`s link would have been the best option to cure it. Anyway you`re sorted so tick resolved box. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…