Acrobat Reader - convert word files

Marky_Bhoy 22:15 23 Sep 03

I have Adobe Acrobat version 5 and
Acrobat Distiller version 5.

I want to create an application form. Perhaps in MS Word. Then convert it to an Acorbat file so that I can provide a link on a web page allowing viewers to download it and print it out.

If this is possible with the software that I have then I would appricate it if someone could explain how I go about doing this.

Thanks

Valvegrid 22:35 23 Sep 03

I think most of the doc to pdf convertors seem to be paid for versions, but this office suite package allows you to save documents in various formats, including .doc and .pdf files.

click here

Maybe someone will come up with a free convertor when this post goes to the top.

Paul.

Steve Mat 22:36 23 Sep 03

Providing you have the full version of Acrobat and not Acrobat Reader then it is reletively easy to convert Word or many other documents into Acrobat format

Jack D 22:45 23 Sep 03

I can't imagine why you paid hundreds of pounds for these programs without knowing their capabilities.

Qmar 22:49 23 Sep 03

guess you want the jist of it : 1] create your MSWord 'master' page 2] convert it to a pdf using the printer drivers e.g. finprintPdfFactory or use the HP LaserJet IIISi PostScript driver to create a .prn file , rename .ps and use ghostscript to convert to .pdf.

-- some links

- click here

- click here

Qmar 22:58 23 Sep 03

..just read your line..aahh..full versions!

WiLL-A 23:16 23 Sep 03

Within Word simply go 'Print'. From there select Acrobat Distiller as your printer. Basically this acts like a virtual printer.

It will then require you to give a file name to save as and a location to save to.

Marky_Bhoy 23:37 23 Sep 03

Thank you all for your help.

I was not sure if I had the full version or not because the PC I'm working from is someone else's.

The quickest way, it seems, to create a PDF file is simply by going to print and selecting Acrobat Distiller. Easy.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…