Acrobat Reader cant open

lin_ 18:38 01 May 03

Why is that a PDF file is read in 2.1 (It comes up with an error message that it cant read it)when i know i have 5.1.

PSF 18:54 01 May 03

Have you updated from Acrobat 4?

The only time I have had that is when I updated from Acrobat reader 4 to 5. I did not un-install 4 first. When I tried to open a PDF it tried to open it with Acrobat reader 2.1.

The best thing to do is un-install Acrobat Reader 5.1 and then un-install Acrobat Reader 4 and then re-install 5.1.

Normally you can just over write Acrobat Reader with a newer version as long as the the revision number is the same ie 4.1 to 4.3 or 5.0 to 5.1. You cannot install a new revision number over and older one. ie 5.1 over 4.1.

Belatucadrus 23:44 01 May 03

Do you have Lotus Smartsuite ? it includes a copy of Acrobat reader but doesn't load it in program files, so sometimes when you upgrade acrobat is doesn't change the file associations.

DieSse 00:32 02 May 03

I think Belatucadrus is probably correct here - I've seen the same thing.

To get pdf files associated with the correct version of Acrobat (instaed of the old version) - right click on a pdf file whist holding down the shift key - and you should get an "Open with" - then browse to your 5.1 version of Acrobat, and tick the box "Always open with this program"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…