Acrobat Reader cant open

lin_ 18:38 01 May 03

Why is that a PDF file is read in 2.1 (It comes up with an error message that it cant read it)when i know i have 5.1.

PSF 18:54 01 May 03

Have you updated from Acrobat 4?

The only time I have had that is when I updated from Acrobat reader 4 to 5. I did not un-install 4 first. When I tried to open a PDF it tried to open it with Acrobat reader 2.1.

The best thing to do is un-install Acrobat Reader 5.1 and then un-install Acrobat Reader 4 and then re-install 5.1.

Normally you can just over write Acrobat Reader with a newer version as long as the the revision number is the same ie 4.1 to 4.3 or 5.0 to 5.1. You cannot install a new revision number over and older one. ie 5.1 over 4.1.

Belatucadrus 23:44 01 May 03

Do you have Lotus Smartsuite ? it includes a copy of Acrobat reader but doesn't load it in program files, so sometimes when you upgrade acrobat is doesn't change the file associations.

DieSse 00:32 02 May 03

I think Belatucadrus is probably correct here - I've seen the same thing.

To get pdf files associated with the correct version of Acrobat (instaed of the old version) - right click on a pdf file whist holding down the shift key - and you should get an "Open with" - then browse to your 5.1 version of Acrobat, and tick the box "Always open with this program"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch