acrobat reader 6

SMILEY2 13:26 01 Dec 04

have just upgraded to the reader 6 from 5,
where before if I downloaded a doc from the internet reader 5 came to life and I was able to then print reader 6 does not act the same way. any Ideas which settings if any need to be made.
smiley2

stylehurst 14:14 01 Dec 04

From memory this problem arises due to file associations.

stylehurst 14:14 01 Dec 04

From memory this problem arises due to file associations.

Graham ® 14:23 01 Dec 04

You should see a printer, top left.

€dstowe 14:55 01 Dec 04

Did you delete version 5 before installing version 6?

SMILEY2 17:13 01 Dec 04

Unfortunatley I did not uninstall acrobat reader 5,so should I uninstall acrobat reader6 and start again.
smiley2

Wak 17:38 01 Dec 04

I think there can be two reason for this problem.
1. When you install Acrobat reader it installs plug-ins into I.E. so that it is able to open PDF files from within I.E.
If you update I.E. from Microsoft, this removes the Adobe plug-ins and you have to re-install Adobe so that the plug-ins are replaced.

2. Adobe reader 5.0 uses a different .EXE file to Adobe Reader 6.0 therefore installing version 6.0 without changing the file association means that the PDF files cannot find the correct .EXE file.

Adobe 5.0 uses Acroread.exe whereas Adobe 6.0 uses AcroRd32.exe.

One way round this problem is to go to Start/ programs/ Adobe/ Reader.
Make a note of which .EXE file you have.
Now copy that .EXE file into a temporary folder then rename the file as the alternative .EXE file and drag it back into the Reader folder from where it came.
You will now have two files which are exactly the same but one is called AcroRd32.exe and the other is called Acroread.exe.
Now ALL PDF files can find the appropriate .EXE file and should be able to open up in Internet Explorer.

I have both files in my Reader folder and it works just fine.
I hope this helps.

SMILEY2 13:01 02 Dec 04

Thanks to all for your help,I uninstalled Acrobat reader 6 and did a reinstall everything ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…