Acrobat reader 6

lozparry 17:40 17 Oct 03

I have just downloaded the above but my computer will not open it. Every time it starts up in tries to install Microsoft windows journal viewer but even though i have shortcut it isnt on there. I do still have AR 5.1 on and have no problems?

Tim1964 17:44 17 Oct 03

what's your OS? as Acrobat Reader 6 doesn't run on win98. That's why I'm sticking (stuck)with Acrobat Reader 5

VoG II 17:48 17 Oct 03

It runs on Win 98SE and up. click here

Have you tried click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 18:30 17 Oct 03

This is on the PCA cover disk but uninstall AR5 first or it can cause errors,i have 98 se and it works a treat.

Regards.

lozparry 18:30 17 Oct 03

I've got XP

VoG II 18:54 17 Oct 03

Try right clicking the icon and selecting properties.

On the Shortcut tab the Target should be:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe"

Mallorca 19:01 17 Oct 03

This is a well known problem, see here....
click here

the summary of it is....Uninstall the Reader. Uninstall the Journal Viewer. Reinstall the Reader. If you need it, reinstall the Journal Viewer.

JIM 19:02 17 Oct 03

had the same problem with xp after download. Install from copy on the pcadvisor disk solved the problem.

digital imaging toolkit cd,or the hutchinson history reference cd.

lozparry 10:59 18 Oct 03

I'll try your suggestions and read through AR site, wait out for now.

lozparry 11:13 18 Oct 03

removed MWJV and AR 6 loaded OK. But do I need the Journal viewer?

arakasi 20:39 23 Oct 03

Just bought Britannica 2004 DVD. It has A.R 6 to be installed.......it won't install. Already have AR5.1. but keep getting told to look at attrib to see if hidden......it isn't thus I can't use 'Time Lines', if I do screen goes blank & I have to restart.Get message 'A component of Quick Time that is not installed on this machine is required for full media functionality'.
a) is it necessary to delete AR 5.1 first?
b) I installed 5.1. over v.4 without trouble why the hassle now ? (v.4 has been deleted)
O.S is Win.98

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…