Acrobat problem

yabadabado 23:19 05 May 06

Since April ive been having problems with Acrobat reader. The program just does not load! If i click on a pdf from the internet it looks like its opening (no splash screen) then just seems to hang.
Firefox and internet explorer both freeze.

Looked at task manager and its listed with any amount of free cpu.

if i open a pdf that i have already downloaded the same happens.

This was with acrobat 6, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. worked first time and then went back to this problem.
Upgraded to acrobat 7 and same thing happened.
It will work when i first install it, but as soon as i open a second file or close acrobat it reverts back to not opening...

Any ideas? other then a complete reinstall?

remind 23:23 05 May 06

If you only use acrobat to view PDF files and dont edit them, get this instead click here

yabadabado 23:25 05 May 06

thats what im using at the mo, but it seems to have problems when viewing pdfs from online... Maybe i have to uninstall acrobat?

rdave13 23:25 05 May 06

Uninstall Acrobat reader. Version 6 and 7 if you have both. Run a reg cleaner, ie. Ccleaner or one that you have installed. Reboot and install latest Adobe reader.

woodchip 23:32 05 May 06

I had this Problem I removed Acrobat and installed FoxitPDF Reader it faster and minuet program size compared to Acrobat but does far more. Download click here

Belatucadrus 00:33 06 May 06

If you're using Firefox and Foxit, try this extension click here PDF Download gives you that bit more control.

yabadabado 00:54 06 May 06

Thanks Belatucadrus!
Was using foxit since april but was having probs like i said with pdfs online! with that extension it solves the problem for now!
Rdave13- did as you said- uninstalled and cleaned as best i could restarted and reinstalled but same thing happens!
Will just suffer with it for now till after exams!

rdave13 02:06 06 May 06

Go to start> all programs > Adobe reader > click on help tab. Click on check for updates and download. New version is 7.0.7

Otherwise > start > all programs > Adobe reader >help tab > select repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…