Acrobat IE Helper closing when shutdown

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:07 12 Jan 05

In the last few weeks I have started getting a message when I sometimes shut down the PC.

The message tells me that Acrobat IE helper is still running, and windows is trying to end the program, or offers me option to End Now.

Ultimately I have to click on End Now to allow the shutdown of the PC.

It does not happen everytime I shut down but about half the time.

Does anyone know what Acrobat IE helper is and why I should be getting this error?

SANTOS7 12:11 12 Jan 05

If you are useing the Google toolbar, under OPTIONS, un-check the WORD FIND selection info taken from other forum seems to suggest it is linked to Google toolbar

ACOLYTE 12:19 12 Jan 05

If you have updated Acrobat to version 7 you get a helper called reader sl.exe that runs at start up it is designed so when you open a pdf in IE you dont have to wait for Acrobat to load its already waiting to pounce.At least i think thats what it is.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:22 12 Jan 05

I don't have the Google toolbar, but do have Adobe Acrobat reader 7. But why should there be a problem with it closing down? The message appears when I haven't even used the reader.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 16:01 14 Feb 05

Problem seems to have gone/resolved all on its own, but thanks for all offers of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…