ACPI Device Won't Uninstall

MarvintheAndroid 15:47 27 Feb 10

Hi, this one's got me stumped.

Device manager shows a device in the SCSI and RAID Controllers section which has a yellow circle / exclamation mark against it.

The device name is AENB4Z1R IDE Controller, and the Device Instance ID is ACPI\PNPA000\4&5D18F2DF&0.

Everything appears to be working normally without this device, so I chose Uninstall from the context menu and removed it.

But when I click on Scan For Hardware Changes (or if I reboot) it comes back!!!

If I find the device in Regedit I can delete the key and it goes away, but on reboot it will come back with a different name. So just to re-iterate, the name changes every time I try to remove it.

I can disable the device (red cross) and everything works OK, but I would like to know why it won't remove.

System is WinXP Pro SP3. I am using RAID 0 for my hard disks but they work fine. I don't have Daemon Tools or Alcohol installed. However I am using a

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:33 27 Feb 10

Scan For Hardware Changes (or if I reboot) it comes back!!!

it's bound to, as the device is fitted in your machine.
You would need to physically remove it (not possible as part of motherboard)to stop it reappearing.

You would be better updating the driver for it and getting it to work properly.

MarvintheAndroid 18:59 27 Feb 10

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, but I don't even know what the device is. There certainly doesn't seem to be anything not working, so I think it is probably a virtual device of some sort. It hasn't responded to a re-install of motherboard drivers.

And it's odd that every time it re-installs it has a new name.

So I'm still stumped.

Marv

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:23 27 Feb 10

It should be the raid driver for the motherboard.

What error code on the device 39?

MarvintheAndroid 23:32 27 Feb 10

The RAID driver is already installed and working - listed as NVIDIA NForce(tm) ATA RAID Class Controller.

The unwanted device is currently listed as "AGR028ZN IDE Controller" in SCSI and RAID Controllers.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Device Type : SCSI and RAID controllers
Manufacturer : Unknown

Marv

MarvintheAndroid 18:54 22 Mar 10

If anyone is interested, I solvged this problem by removing an old SPTD (scsi pass through driver). I downloaded a simple utility (found on Google) to uninstall the driver and re-booted.

MArv

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac