ACPI BIOS Incompatablity

Nick-Wick 10:21 06 Jan 08

Howdy.
I am a fan of comfort, and I was comfortable with a very old Compaq Armada M300 running Win 2000 Pro, that is until the missus switched it on and it threw ALL it's toys out of the pram,not I am blaming her, I guess it just happened that way.
The Problem; Soon after starting I get the following message on a bluescreen(serious or what)xxx..STOP: 0x000000a5 (0x00000003,0x00000000,0x00000000) The ACPI BOIS in this system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specifications Please read the README.TXT for possible workarounds or visit http.hardware-update.com to see if a new BIOs is available.

only one problem with this is that the computer is unresponsive it wont even shut down, not even Ctrl-Alt-Del works, I have to remove the battery or allow it to run down, I have initially down loaded the Bios from the Compaq website but they won't boot,either by floppy or pen drive
So I tried to recover the hard drive by formatting and re-installing the OS but it still comes back with this screen Please help me before I convert it to a WIN 2008 and launch it out the bedroom window.
Many thanks,.... Nick.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:35 06 Jan 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…