ACITP ?

g.1.g 01:55 01 Apr 04

Hi
I have posted this in the main forum and found this forum, this might be the right place for this subject.
This may not be the right place to post this but you are the only place I know who are experts in computers and internet. I am wondering if any one has done any courses by ACITP & the Learning Library? I have just signed up to their course around $1200 for frontpage 2003. the link to this is click here and click here They claim that this is a recognised certificate that most businesses are interested in does anyone have any idea if this is a con or the certificate is a waste of money and time. Any help would be appreciated especially from all you that are qualified designers that would know if this was legitimate or not. I am sorry if this is not the place to post this but I have 7 days to see if this is legitimate or not. Thank You in advance

Forum Editor 07:32 01 Apr 04

I think it might be GBP.

I run a computer consultancy and web design business, and I am constantly being sent CVs by people who want to enter the business. I read the CVs and I'm interested in any formal qualifications of course, but I would never let the lack of them be an obstacle to interview - in my opinion technical qualifications are not as important as experience and/or natural ability.

If I did use qualifications as benchmarks memebership of ACITP would certainly not be one of them. Microsoft FrontPage is good software, but you can buy the latest version for less than £100 and teach yourself by using free web tutorials and by practising at home.

Think long and hard before signing up for computer courses that make any kind of promise about employment prospects. The ACITP course is perfectly legitimate, there's no question about that, but in my personal opinion there are better ways to spend that kind of money, and you can learn the software without professional help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5