Acer6930g

Cockney Rebel 12:34 01 Nov 09

Hi,
I,ve just purchased one of the above laptops.I,m looking to transfer my e/mail settings etc.I,ve purhcased an easy transfer cable to do this.My question is this,is it necessary to put the BT Yahoo software onto the laptop first?Instructions say to install progs on to new pc first.Have already installed Picasa ready for my photos.Thankyou.

Cockney Rebel 15:53 01 Nov 09

Bit more to the above.Meant to say if I sign in to my a/c on BT Yahoo I am able to read any e/mails received.Am using IE8 on Vista Home Premium SP2 on the l/top.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:21 01 Nov 09

Forgot type of laptop what you need to know is what are the operating systems on the old and new machines and what are the email programs on the old an new machines?

i.e.
old - XP and OE
new - Vista / W7 and windows mail.

Cockney Rebel 06:43 02 Nov 09

Thanks for the reply.
Old desktop is Windows XP pro sp3.I am using the BT Yahoo browser with their e mail.
Laptop is Vista Home Premium sp2.Have not yet set up e mail on it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 02 Nov 09

BT yahoo that's standard Outlook express

Vista has windows mail

click here

Cockney Rebel 17:58 11 Nov 09

Thanks for the reply.Have decided to leave putting any BT software on the laptop at the mo as all ok if I just sign in to my a/c on BT Yahoo.Also have managed to put all my pics on to the new laptop ok with th easy transfer cable.Everything ok so far.Thankyou.Will now green tick this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…