Acer Z5610 - upgrade help please?

Spondy12 27 Dec 12

I have installed 8.2 GB of ram. I need to upgrade the graphics card and CPU - where do I start?

I have:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series Realtek High Definition Audio

This is an 'all in one' monitor with the PC built into it. Someone recommended the nVidia GTS 250 but I am not sure where to start???

SOS!!!

Thanks

Woolwell 27 Dec 12

Most reviews that I have read state that there is no scope for upgrades. In many ways it is similar to a laptop where upgrading the CPU and graphics is generally not on.

Spondy12 28 Dec 12

Many thanks for the quick reply

I was tempted to concur with Woolwell. My understanding is that all-in-ones like you have are not able to be upgraded. However, I thought I'd Google it and...

This looks like it's not for the faint-hearted.

Not sure about upgrading the CPU - but what you've got seems good to me...

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message