ACER wireless internet not working

aimeec 15:38 22 May 09

Hey all,

used my laptop at home on wireless - worked fine

took it into school and used wireless - worked fine

deleted school wireless and it deleted all my wireless connections.

now it will pop up a balloon saying wireless networks found but wont list any and says it is disconnected

not sure how to fix this. have taken the TP/IP and Lan settings back to normal and still wont work.

please help as this is frustrating the life out of me

thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:30 22 May 09
  aimeec 19:21 22 May 09

still not working...any other ideas?

aimeec 20:24 22 May 09

it cant find any wireless network. uninstalled it the broadcom stuff and its all re installed and ok but just cant find any networks. says everything is ok and Fuirtbat - thanks for the link. did all that and its all ok now but still wont find the internet....grrrr

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:13 22 May 09

have you input your router security key?

aimeec 14:46 23 May 09

if by that you meant he network key i cant as it wont find the network!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 23 May 09

Go into Device Manager and make sure the driver is loaded.
Right click on Network Adapter, then right click on your wireless card.
You can update driver, remove driver and let plug n play pick it back up, or if looks like no problems then leave it be.

Did you set it up going through the Wireless Network Wizard..Its under Accessories-comminication in Windows XP.(You didn't indicate which OS you are using).
What is probably happening is you are not quite set up correctly and your WEP/WPA is blocking you from connecting because the computer does not have your WEP/WPA key

T0SH 15:03 23 May 09

Have you checked for some sort of a switch the turns the wireless on/off, sometimes is is a mechanical slider switch usually on the side or the front of the laptop, others options use a key sequence like Fn+ one of the Function keys F1 to F12

but most have a light that shows only when wireless is enabled

If all else fails the user manual will for sure tell you how it is done

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…